How to enable cookies with Norton Personal Firewall?
To enable cookies with Norton Personal Firewall, perform the following steps:
- Double click on the Norton Personal Firewall or Norton
System Works icon in the system tray.
- Click on the "Open" option in the pop-up
- Click the "Options" icon in the Norton
SystemWorks menu box.
- Click on the "Personal Firewall" option in the
Options menu box.
- Click the "Advanced Options" button at the bottom
of the Norton Personal Firewall Options menu box to retrieve
the default settings menu box.
- Make sure you are in the "Web" tab. There may
be several domains already listed in this area.
- Click on the Add Site button at the bottom of the Web defaults
- You will need to enter "the website you wish to allow" (the web site address without
the quotes) as a new default. This should activate the default rules section
of that window.
- Make sure the "Cookies" and "Referer"
(under Browsing Privacy) are set to Permit as a default rule for the the website.
- Click OK, then click OK again.